Burien Washington

Go To Search
Code Compliance

The City of Burien Code Compliance Officer enforces the regulations contained in the City of Burien Municipal Code relating to building, zoning, land use and nuisance code violations,  generally through a complaint-generated system.

Code Compliance staff will respond to complaints such as:

  • Junk vehicles and residential parking on private property
  • Graffiti
  • Accumulation of trash, junk or abandoned materials
  • Zoning and land use violations
  • Construction without a permit

By bringing violations to our attention, you are helping to protect your property values and the aesthetics of your neighborhood. If you are concerned about any of the preceding, we can help. If a violation has occurred, we will try to resolve it in several ways.

Reporting Complaints
To report violations please fill out a City of Burien Code Complaint Form.

For additional information or questions on the Code Complaint Form please contact us at (206) 248-5507. Forms may also be picked up at City Hall.

Please include the specific violation, the exact street address where it is occurring, your name, and phone number in case the City has any questions or needs further information. You may request that this information be anonymous if you wish.  However, please be aware that your complaint is subject to disclosure under the Public Records Act and anonymity is not guaranteed.  Additionally, please note that if the case is appealed or pursued in court, you will be expected to cooperate as a potential witness. 

400 SW 152nd St, Suite 300  /  Burien, WA 98166  /  Ph: (206) 241-4647  /  Fax: (206) 248-5539
Home  /  Contact Us  /  Sitemap  /  Translate Spanish  /  Accessibility  /  Copyright  /  Powered by CivicPlus
City Hall Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm